How To keep Your kids Busy During this Lockdown
These are dark times, you’ll agree with me. The “unexpecteds” are happening, and we all are forced to stay at home, with our kids, I mean, with the kids!
I know, I know, children have a way of making things more complex, which is why I will recommend these list of activities, so that you can keep them busy, while you sort things out:
1. Keep them busy with a number of fun and educative YouTube channels like arts lounge, science channel, kids learning tube, e.t.c.
2. Involve them in conversations. Don’t just assume they aren’t aware of what is happening. They know everything, and they deserve to be told the right things to do, to protect themselves from the virus. They are scared too. You should reassure them that everything will be alright.
3. Give them a task to fulfill!
If I had kids, this would be my daily option. I will keep them busy by telling them to write a story about the CORONAVIRUS and how they think it would end. And when they are done with that, I’ll tell them to imagine themselves as the only ones who can save the world, and to think up a solution to the end of this disaster. Be watchful with this one, it may also end in a disaster. (I’m laughing right now)
4. Teach them a new skill or to improve on any skill they have already acquired. I’ve been working on my cooking skill, trying out recipes, kids too can do something they like at the moment.
5. Bond with your kids. No work, no hanging out, no waking up early. I think this is the best time to make lasting memories with your loved ones, and your kids should come first on this ladder.
I wish this helps you through this hard time.
Adaeze Michael Nwadike